Data we collect from you
We may collect data that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications, newsletters and/or marketing information.
We may collect data that you provide to us by filling in other forms on the Site, including information provided at the time of subscribing to a particular service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Site.
Any materials or data that you post to the Site may be visible to other users of the Site and are stored on our servers for the purposes of making the Site and content available. We do not collect, store or use any personal data contained in any such post for any other purpose. We advise you to be selective about what data you post on the Site or that you provide to other users.
Use of your data
We will only use your data for the following purposes:
- to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; to provide you with marketing communications, news and information by email about our products, services, and events that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so;
- to provide customer service in relation to your use of the Site, to deal with enquiries and complaints relating to the use of the Site and to notify you about changes to our service;
- to administer, support, improve and develop our Site;
- to personalise the Site so as to improve your user browsing experience;
- to internally monitor users’ use of the Site to enable us to analyse audience make-up, track booking patterns, review audience attendance and review other Site behaviours in order to determine what other products, services, and events you may be interested in and in order to assist us to improve our business generally;
- provide third parties with statistical data about our users but this data will not be able to be used to identify any individual user.
Disclosure of your data
You should note that the public elements of the site will be visible to users of the Site anywhere in the world. You should, therefore, be careful when submitting data about yourself and only submit the data that you are happy to be public information.
Therefore, we may send a cookie which may be stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. We may use the data we obtain from the cookie in the administration of the Site, to improve the Site’s usability and for marketing purposes. We may also use that data to recognise your computer when you visit the Site, to monitor website traffic and to personalise the Site for you.
If you do not wish us to install cookies on your computer for these purposes, you may change the settings on your internet browser to reject cookies. For more information, please consult the ‘Help’ section of your browser. Please note that if you do set your browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features of our Site. For further information about cookies, please visit: http://www.aboutcookies.org.uk/
As mentioned above, we may use an analytics service provider for website traffic analysis and reporting. Analytics service providers generate statistical and other data about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users’ computers. The data generated relating to the Site may be used to create reports about the use of the Site and the analytics service provider will store this data.
Security and Data Retention
We employ security measures to protect your data from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction, and damage. We will retain your data, including your name, address, email, phone number and card details (where applicable), for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires or permits.
We will store all the personal data you provide, including your login and user details (where applicable), on our secure servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
International Data Transfers
Our servers are situated in Europe; however, we collect data from wherever users are situated. The data that we collect may, therefore, be transferred to Europe from any other country in which you may be located and will be subject to European data protection laws rather than the laws of the country in which you are resident.
Your personal data may be transferred, processed and/or stored outside the European Economic Area. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
You are entitled to see the data held about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this, please contact us using the data provided above. We are entitled by law to charge a fee of $10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the data we hold about you and to require you to provide us with appropriate identification.
If you have received unwanted, unsolicited emails sent via this system or purporting to be sent via this system, please forward a copy of that email with your comments to for review.
Please let us know if the personal data which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated at any time.
Contacting Lavender and Ewe
Postal Address: Lavender & Ewe, PO Box 97, Spring Creek 7244, Blenheim, New Zealand